The kitchen is the heart of the home. It’s a place where families gather for meals and quality time as well as for entertaining friends and relatives. This is the main reason why a kitchen has to be functional and practical. But long gone are the days when a kitchen only served the purpose of cooking and serving meals. Now, it’s all bout mixing functionality with style and aesthetics for a space that everyone can enjoy. Below are 10 ways in which just giving your cabinets a makeover can change up the whole mood of your kitchen.
1. Add drama by contrasting dark coloured cabinetry with light coloured ones. In this kitchen, an espresso cabinet holds glass and serving ware. The glass front gives a more open feel to the space. While the splashback picks up the colour of the cabinets for a balanced feel.
2. Convert hard to reach spaces like corners into accessible storage with movable cabinets. Pull-out towel racks and a full extension lazy Susan provide additional storage space. The cabinets can be hidden with a retractable door.
3. This large plate rack is another way of displaying fine china in an elegant yet non-traditional way. It also provides excellent storage space. A shelf above the rack is used the display cups and saucers, completing the look.
4. In this kitchen, refrigeration drawers provide additional storage. The cabinet faces are painted in chalkboard and labelled for a personal touch which adds dimension and interest to the space.
5. Add wallpaper to the back of your glass front cabinets to create visual interest. Here, the geometric wallpaper contrasts with the white serving ware for a bold touch.
6. Switch out your old cabinet doors for culinary inspired artwork for an sophisticated and chic look.
7. For an instant update, change your traditional cabinet hardware for more modern and sleeker options. This will give a trendy feel to your space.
8. Remove the doors from some of your upper cabinets and turn them into display shelves. This will give an open feel. Paint their interiors with a rich accent colour for visual impact.
9. Paint your cabinet doors a bold hue for a refreshing feel. After they are dry, sand down the door edges and cabinet fronts for a distressed finish, perfect for a country look.
10. If you wish for an light feel to your kitchen but don’t want the contents of your shelves to be displayed, then opt for frost or opaque glass fronts.
What do you think about these tips? Do you have any others that you like? Post your comments below.
*Source: Better Homes & Gardens